Many Cataract Patients today are choosing to upgrade to one of the Advanced Technology Lenses that can provide a full range of vision, from near to distant. These Advanced Lenses can potentially eliminate one’s dependence on glasses for most activities such as driving, reading, and computer work.
Some Common Lens Options:
- Monofocal: Gives you one range of vision. You may need glasses to see up close or at another range.
- Blended: Blended or targeted vision is modified monovision and is set somewhere between distance and near.
- Multifocal: This option gives you the ability to see distance, intermediate, and near without being dependent on glasses.
- Extended Depth of Focus: Provides high quality, continuous vision — from near too far and points in between — and may reduce the overall wearing of glasses.
- Toric: Correct astigmatism.
- The Light Adjustable Lens: Allows optimization of your vision after lens implantation and healing. If you and your doctor select the Light Adjustable Lens, the first step is to have your cataract safely removed and the adjustable IOL implanted. The cataract removal and IOL implantation procedure is the same as if you selected a non-adjustable IOL. Click for more information on RX Sight LAL.
How do I decide which is the best lens for me?
After a thorough eye examination of your individual needs, your doctor can help you decide which lens is right for your lifestyle.
Do Advanced Technology Lenses cost more?
Medicare and private insurance companies will only pay for single vision lenses so there is an additional non-covered fee for each of the Advance Technology Lenses we offer.
What will my vision be like after surgery?
Your distance vision will usually be good within a day or two after surgery. It will take a month or so for you to reach their full focusing potential. The exception will be if you choose the Light Adjustable Lens which is adjusted after cataract surgery.
LASIK and Cataract Surgeon, Dr. Neil B. Griffin has been named a top cataract surgeon by Precision Eye Services. He has also received multiple local distinctions, including Best Laser Vision Surgeon from the South Strand News in 2018, Best Ophthalmologist, Best Laser Eye Surgeon from the Myrtle Beach Herald from 2018 to 2021, Best Ophthalmologist and Best Laser Eye Surgeon from the Carolina Forest Chronicle 2019 to 2021, Best Eye Doctor, Vision Center, Ophthalmologist and Laser Vision Surgeon 2021 North Strand News Readers’ Choice Award.
Dr. Griffin is one of the leading ophthalmologists in the area and specializes in cataract surgery and LASIK in Myrtle Beach. He is committed to providing world class surgical technology and the most advanced vision diagnostics to the South Carolina and Myrtle Beach area. Griffin Eye Center offers the latest in cataract surgery with the most advanced Intra-Ocular Lenses available and a state-of-the-art on-site LASIK suite for the best Laser Vision Correction.
For more information about Cataract Advanced Technology Lenses, Advanced LASIK Surgery and other Laser Vision Correction procedures visit griffineyecenter.com or call 843-449-6414 located in Myrtle Beach, SC.